We believe that environmental concern and conscientiousness are cornerstones of responsible business practices in the print industry. As such, the manufacturing standards that we have chosen to engage are the highest our industry has to offer. Our facilities, local and distant, large and small, offset, digital and web, employ standards and practices that are consistent with the most current green technology and principled manufacturing protocol.
We, together with our customers and manufacturing partners, strive to operate in an environmentally sound manner. To do otherwise is simply unacceptable.
Our print environments employ the following standards, certifications, associations:
- FSC Certification (Forest Stewardship Council) www.fsc.org Our plants support the forest Stewardship Council, have attained FSC Certification and offer FSC certified paper inventories
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative Alternative www.sfiprogram.org Chain of custody certification for buying paper products from well-managed forests, backed by rigorous, third party certification audit.
- Rainforest Alliance Certification www.rainforest-alliance.org The Rainforest Alliance is an independent third-party certifying organization through which FSC certification is offered. Their mission is to work toward conserving biodiversity and ensuring sustainable livelihoods by transforming land use practices, business practices and consumer behavior.
- SGP (Sustainable Green Printing Partnership) www.sgppartnership.org Sustainable Green Printer The mission of the SGP Partnership is to encourage and promote participation in the worldwide movement to reduce the environmental impact and increase social responsibility through sustainable green printing practices.
- PERC (Program for Endorsement of Forest Certification) www.pefc.org Independent organization promotes sustainably managed forests through independent third party certification.)
- Bay Area Green Business Certification www.greenbiz.ca.gov Founding member of the California Green Business Program distinguishes small businesses that protect, preserve and sustain our environment.
- Rigorous air quality compliance; in-plant and machine affixed venting systems
- UV curable inks and coatings are offered which are almost entirely VOC-free
Solvents • Metal • Paper • Cardboard • Plastics • Ink
- Recycled papers with 10% to 100% PCW (post consumer waste) content are available and encouraged on all projects. Paper waste is de-inked, recycled, and remanufactured
- Soy based inks are used in over 90% of all manufactured product (vegetable based, low VOC content)
- Plastics, metal, cardboard and solvents are all responsibly released to industrial recyclers to be safely recycled and re-purposed.